Thursday, July 30, 2009

Recycled t-shirt ruffle dress

I happened upon this lovely tutorial a couple weeks ago and I thought the dress was just so cute that I had to make one. I found one of Rob's shirts with some stains on it and asked him if he still wore it. He said yes. Then I said...well, can I cut it up and make it into a dress for Sadie? He said yes. So I started cutting. It only took a little over an hour to make and I thought it turned out pretty good. I think next time I will make more of a difference in the length of the ruffles, but it is pretty cute.



The nice thing about working with knit fabric is that it doesn't really fray. So I didn't even hem the bottom of the dress, I just cut it to the right length and that is that.

I really need to organize my stuff better because Sadie always seems to find and get into my buttons. Today her favorite thing to do was to dump them out and then step on them because they stuck to her feet. Silly girl.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. I love that last picture of Sadie. So funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! She looks so pretty in this ruffle dress!! You did great job on baby dress!!

    ReplyDelete