Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cute Idea....

I had just finished reading this post and drooling over how cute the dress turned out when I walked into my room and saw a size 12 month onsie thrown on the floor. Why it was in my room I have no idea, especially since I don't think my daughter wore it more than once and not for months. Size 12 month stuff is way too short for her long torso-ed body. I saw it lying there and thought, hey that would be good to make a dress out of. I threw it over in a pile of my sewing stuff not expecting to touch it for weeks, but then I saw that it had landed on an orange shirt of mine that I was thinking about making into a skirt for her.



PERFECT. Just put the two together and you have a dress. There was even orange in the onsie so I, of course, stopped cleaning and got to work. Then my napping daughter woke up. So it had to wait for evening time.

I got it out after she was in bed and was expecting it to be the only thing I worked on that night. Literally 10 minutes later I was done. Seriously. It is so easy and it was good practice for me. Now that I know I can do it, I might try to make a super cute dress like the one in the link above.


Here is my beautiful little girl being a great model. She's not very good at posing for pictures yet. She is always on the move, but maybe when she is older I can get better pictures. For now, this is all I've got.

1 comment: