Thursday, January 20, 2011

Matching Hoodies!

So I came across a pattern on etsy. I really liked it. And, it wasn't just a girl's pattern. It could be something for a boy or a girl. I was in love. So I made my first ever purchase on etsy. I bought this Hoodie pattern. Cute no? You should check out her whole shop because she has lots of cute stuff. And no, I am not getting paid to say that. :)

So I got right to work. I didn't want to have to buy fabric, so I used some t-shirts that I had gotten at the thrift store a while back. Actually, some of you who know my husband may recognize that green shirt. He has been wearing it for years. And it is paper thin. So I convinced him that I needed to cut it up to make something adorable for Zac. I guess it worked because he let me use it. Thanks!


Anyway, so I took those two shirts and made them into this:



I was so happy with the result and how fast it came together that the next night I made one for sister:



She was seriously so excited to have one that matched her brother's. She pointed it out to me all day long. I especially love the mismatched buttons.

Cute matching hoodies!. Love it!

T shirt fabric is just the right thickness too. I think that if it were thicker, it would be hard for them to move in them.


Posing.

It was really hard to get Zac to look anywhere but at Sadie's buttons. He tried to grab them like the whole time.

And then Sadie insisted that I take more pictures of her.

And then things started getting crazy! :) You should try this pattern. You will love it!

5 comments:

  1. those are awesome. I'm so impressed. Very very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, I'm impressed. How have I been missing this blog? So many cute things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I L.O.V.E those!! i should totally make one for Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh. I really love these sweatshirts. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete